This category is all about showing your craftsmanship and your skills of working with clay, metal, wood or cloth or any other raw material.
Rules of Traditional Handicrafts for Student Makers:
- Participants must submit a complete traditional handicraft having cultural and/or historical significance made by them.
- Participants may use any traditional material to make handicrafts like lively figurines, dolls, patterns , Dokra crafts, etc
- They must submit images in JPEG format of their final project and images of making of the project. They must also submit a project report explaining the concept and process of making.
- Please specify the main materials/objects/tools used to make the project.
- Projects shall be shortlisted on the basis of overall age appropriate concept, execution and presentation of the submitted projects.
- For the judging round, participants must bring the samples of their project. They may be required to make something in front of the judges.
General Rules of Participation as a Student Maker
- Last date of project submission is November 30, 2017
- Shortlisted projects will be notified by December 1, 2017
- All projects submitted has to be students work and not by parents/trainers/mentors.
- Judging shall be done on December 2 and 3, 2017. It shall be done outside school hours. Students shall be notified at least 2 days before judging day.
- Shortlisted students will be required to come to MakersLoft to present their projects to judges.
- In case of team project submissions, all team members must be present for judging.
- Each participant/team will get 15-30 minutes to present, which may include a small task.
- Only top 5 projects in each category shall be selected.
- The judges’ decision shall be full and final and no appeal against it shall be entertained.
Rules for selected participants/team
- Winning projects will be notified by December 6, 2017.
- Winning teams need to confirm their presence in Tinker Fest by December 9, 2017.
- They need to be present at Tinker Fest on both December 15th and 16th, 2017 from 9 am to 6 pm. They may be required to come to the venue to setup at 4 pm on December 14, 2017.
Keep watching this space for updated information…