This category is all about turning a dead and empty space into something vibrant, interactive and loaded with ‘meaning’.
Rules of Art Installation for Student Makers:
- Participants must submit complete art installations made by them.
- Participants may create anything to intrigue the visitors and urge them to explore the space, using any material and technology.
- They must submit images in JPEG format of their final project from different angles and images of making of the project. They must also submit a video in MP4 format (Maximum file size is 10mb) of a guided tour of the installation. They must also submit a project report explaining the concept and process of making.
- Please specify the main materials/objects/tools used to make the project.
- Projects shall be shortlisted on the basis of overall age appropriate concept, execution and presentation of the submitted projects.
- For the judging round, participants must bring the samples of their project and their own laptops/tablets to present their entire art.
General Rules of Participation as a Student Maker
- Last date of project submission is November 30, 2017
- Shortlisted projects will be notified by December 1, 2017
- All projects submitted has to be students work and not by parents/trainers/mentors.
- Judging shall be done on December 2 and 3, 2017. It shall be done outside school hours. Students shall be notified at least 2 days before judging day.
- Shortlisted students will be required to come to MakersLoft to present their projects to judges.
- In case of team project submissions, all team members must be present for judging.
- Each participant/team will get 15-30 minutes to present, which may include a small task.
- Only top 5 projects in each category shall be selected.
- The judges’ decision shall be full and final and no appeal against it shall be entertained.
Rules for selected participants/team
- Winning projects will be notified by December 6, 2017.
- Winning teams need to confirm their presence in Tinker Fest by December 9, 2017.
- They need to be present at Tinker Fest on both December 15th and 16th, 2017 from 9 am to 6 pm. They may be required to come to the venue to setup at 4 pm on December 14, 2017.
Keep watching this space for updated information…