This category is all about turning a commonplace, throwaway object into something beautiful that you and your friends would love to flaunt on your neckline or wrist or ear lobe.
Rules of Jewellery for Student Makers:
- Participants must submit a complete set or a series of jewellery designed and made by them.
- Participants may use paper, used wrappers, bits and pieces of cloth, beads from your old necklace, wires, strings – anything that can be twisted, turned, folded, crushed or shaped into something beautiful and wearable.
- They must submit images in JPEG format of the pieces of jewellery you have designed – both displayed on a flat surface and worn by somebody. They must also submit a project report explaining the concept and process of making.
- Please specify the main materials/objects/tools used to make the project.
- Projects shall be shortlisted on the basis of overall age appropriate concept, execution and presentation of the submitted projects.
- For the judging round, participants must bring the pieces of jewellery whose photos you had sent and also the raw material so that they can make at least one piece in front of the judges.
General Rules of Participation as a Student Maker
- Last date of project submission is November 30, 2017
- Shortlisted projects will be notified by December 1, 2017
- All projects submitted has to be students work and not by parents/trainers/mentors.
- Judging shall be done on December 2 and 3, 2017. It shall be done outside school hours. Students shall be notified at least 2 days before judging day.
- Shortlisted students will be required to come to MakersLoft to present their projects to judges.
- In case of team project submissions, all team members must be present for judging.
- Each participant/team will get 15-30 minutes to present, which may include a small task.
- Only top 5 projects in each category shall be selected.
- The judges’ decision shall be full and final and no appeal against it shall be entertained.
Rules for selected participants/team
- Winning projects will be notified by December 6, 2017.
- Winning teams need to confirm their presence in Tinker Fest by December 9, 2017.
- They need to be present at Tinker Fest on both December 15th and 16th, 2017 from 9 am to 6 pm. They may be required to come to the venue to setup at 4 pm on December 14, 2017.
Keep watching this space for updated information…