This category is all about showing your 21st century skills like innovation, creativity and problem solving using Robotics.
Rules of Robotics for Student Makers:
- Participants must submit working robots or robotic mechanism that have been designed and created by them.
- The body/structure of the robots or robotic mechanism can be made using wood, metal sheets, plastic, Lego, etc. The robot or robotic mechanism can be controlled using arduino, atmega n*8bits components on breadboard, Lego mindstorms EV3/NXT bricks or can be manually controlled by remotes which can only supply maximum 24 volts to the robot.
- They must submit a video in MP4 format (Maximum file size 10mb) of their final working robot or robotic mechanism along with a project report on the making, programming and controlling of the robot or robotic mechanism.
- Please specify the material/objects, software and medium used to make the final project.
- Projects shall be shortlisted on the basis of overall age appropriate concept, execution and presentation of the submitted projects.
- For the judging round, participants must bring their own laptops/tablets etc to showcase the working of their robots or robotic mechanism and programs.
General Rules of Participation as a Student Maker
- Last date of project submission is November 30, 2017
- Shortlisted projects will be notified by December 1, 2017
- All projects submitted has to be students work and not by parents/trainers/mentors.
- Judging shall be done on December 2 and 3, 2017. It shall be done outside school hours. Students shall be notified at least 2 days before judging day.
- Shortlisted students will be required to come to MakersLoft to present their projects to judges.
- In case of team project submissions, all team members must be present for judging.
- Each participant/team will get 15-30 minutes to present, which may include a small task.
- Only top 5 projects in each category shall be selected.
- The judges’ decision shall be full and final and no appeal against it shall be entertained.
Rules for selected participants/team
- Winning projects will be notified by December 6, 2017.
- Winning teams need to confirm their presence in Tinker Fest by December 9, 2017.
- They need to be present at Tinker Fest on both December 15th and 16th, 2017 from 9 am to 6 pm. They may be required to come to the venue to setup at 4 pm on December 14, 2017.
Keep watching this space for updated information…