This category is all about showing your knowledge in Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths (STEM) subjects using Science Experiments.
Rules of Science Experiments for Student Makers:
- Participants must submit science experiments done by them.
- The experiments must be innovative and original and can be done using any material/objects. They may be performed in a laboratory or in your own home. It may be done in a limited time period or over a prolonged period of time.
- They must submit images in JPEG format and videos in MP4 format (Maximum file size is 10mb) of their experiments along with a report on experimental data and description of their experiments.
- Please specify the main materials/objects used to do the experiment.
- Projects shall be shortlisted on the basis of overall age appropriate concept, execution and presentation of the submitted projects.
- For the judging round, participants must bring their own materials/objects etc to showcase their experiments.
General Rules of Participation as a Student Maker
- Last date of project submission is November 30, 2017
- Shortlisted projects will be notified by December 1, 2017
- All projects submitted has to be students work and not by parents/trainers/mentors.
- Judging shall be done on December 2 and 3, 2017. It shall be done outside school hours. Students shall be notified at least 2 days before judging day.
- Shortlisted students will be required to come to MakersLoft to present their projects to judges.
- In case of team project submissions, all team members must be present for judging.
- Each participant/team will get 15-30 minutes to present, which may include a small task.
- Only top 5 projects in each category shall be selected.
- The judges’ decision shall be full and final and no appeal against it shall be entertained.
Rules for selected participants/team
- Winning projects will be notified by December 6, 2017.
- Winning teams need to confirm their presence in Tinker Fest by December 9, 2017.
- They need to be present at Tinker Fest on both December 15th and 16th, 2017 from 9 am to 6 pm. They may be required to come to the venue to setup at 4 pm on December 14, 2017.
Keep watching this space for updated information…