This category is all about using a textile to create a product to wear or use.
Rules of Textiles for Student Makers:
- Participants must submit final product of their textile project made by them. This may include dyeing, printing, knitting, sewing, hand stitching, pasting, applique, singeing, etc.
- The textile project can be made using any fabric or technique. In case of dyeing & printing, no chemical dyes should be used as we do not promote the usage of harmful and toxic chemical dyes. Dyeing can be done using natural dyes because they are safe for environment. (You may contact us to know more about natural & herbal dyes)
- They must submit images in JPEG format or videos in MP4 format (Maximum file size is 10mb) of their final projects along with a report on the process of making the project. The report must explain the use or wearability of the final product, specify who is it for and why.
- Please specify the fabric and technique used to make the project.
- Projects shall be shortlisted on the basis of overall age appropriate concept, execution and presentation of the submitted projects.
- For the judging round, participants must bring their own materials/objects etc to showcase their projects.
General Rules of Participation as a Student Maker
- Last date of project submission is November 30, 2017
- Shortlisted projects will be notified by December 1, 2017
- All projects submitted has to be students work and not by parents/trainers/mentors.
- Judging shall be done on December 2 and 3, 2017. It shall be done outside school hours. Students shall be notified at least 2 days before judging day.
- Shortlisted students will be required to come to MakersLoft to present their projects to judges.
- In case of team project submissions, all team members must be present for judging.
- Each participant/team will get 15-30 minutes to present, which may include a small task.
- Only top 5 projects in each category shall be selected.
- The judges’ decision shall be full and final and no appeal against it shall be entertained.
Rules for selected participants/team
- Winning projects will be notified by December 6, 2017.
- Winning teams need to confirm their presence in Tinker Fest by December 9, 2017.
- They need to be present at Tinker Fest on both December 15th and 16th, 2017 from 9 am to 6 pm. They may be required to come to the venue to setup at 4 pm on December 14, 2017.
Keep watching this space for updated information…